SHIP CONSTRUCTION PROCESS
Earlier ships were constructed in wood. Although steel ships were common in early twentieth century, the method of joining the steel material was riveting. Welding became a popular form of joining metals in the middle of the twentieth century.
Materials in Ship Construction
Various types of materials used in ship construction are outlined:
- Ship Construction: Steel
- Ship Construction: Aluminium
- Ship Construction: Fiber Glass
- Ship Construction: Wood
Types of Vessels
The various vessels construction procedure is compiled here.
- Oil Tanker construction process - Description of the construction process of an oil tanker from scratch.
- Container Ship construction process - Description of the construction process of a container ship from scratch.
- Aluminium crew boat construction
- Solar boat construction - Description of the construction process of a 6.2 m fiber glass boat.